I have been so excited to try this recipe from my friend Paige! At both of my bridal showers, everyone brought their favorite recipe which I was so excited about since I (obviously) love cooking and trying new recipes! Paige brought this recipe card to the shower Michelle threw for me. She said it is the best Tomato Basil Soup. I love having an immersion blender to make soups like this. I also love recipes that call for basil or cilantro since mine are growing nicely! I definitely used way more basil than it calls for, but I still think I could have used more. I should have sprinkled some on top as well. I add basil to everything I can when it is growing fresh in our backyard - including BBQ chicken pizza and any pasta recipe.
This is not the best picture, but I forgot to take one until after we had already eaten! If you are feeding more than two people and this soup is a main course, I recommend doubling the recipe.
Ingredients:
2 28 ounce cans of whole, peeled tomatoes
1 yellow onion, diced (I left this out)
1 cup (1/4 quart) chicken stock
2 tablespoons basil, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 carrots, chopped
Saute onion, basil, and carrots in olive oil for 15 minutes.
Add stock and drained tomatoes. Simmer for 25 minutes.
Blend entire mixture - I used my immersion blender! You can also use a regular blender - just watch out for explosions!
Return to burner and add cream and salt and pepper to taste.
No comments:
Post a Comment