I almost took the easy route out this week because of all we have going on and did not plan a new recipe until Derrick reminded me of my goal to make and post one new recipe each week this summer. Thanks to my husband I made this Pinterest recipe I have been wanting to try since I pinned it probably close to a year ago. I love scallops but have been intimidated to make them. This recipe was actually easy and quick - perfect for a weeknight. Cooking the scallops was similar to cooking shrimp. They do not need too much time on each side to be done. Mine did not brown nicely, but Derrick loved it so I will definitely be trying it again! I altered the recipe a little by adding the Parmesan (definitely added a lot of flavor) and used the basil I've been growing instead of parsley. Derrick and I also agreed that this meal would have gone excellent with a nice, crisp chardonnay. We will definitely be cracking a bottle next time! Cheers!
8 ounces linguini
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
12 large sea scallops, cleaned
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan, with extra for topping
course salt
ground pepper
Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water adding the peas to the boiling pasta water 4 minutes before finished. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining. Drain the pasta and return to pot. Add parsley and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. (I added more like 1-2 tablespoons.) Stir, adding reserved pasta water a little at a time. Stir in fresh Parmesan. Adjust salt and pepper, to taste.
While the pasta is cooking, season the scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium flame. Cook scallops until browned on one side, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip. Cook until opaque throughout, about 30 to 60 seconds more, while their centers are still slightly translucent (you can check this by viewing them from the side). Be careful not to overcook or they will become tough. Serve over pasta. Top with fresh Parmesan if desired.
No comments:
Post a Comment