Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cheesy Potato Soup

This is another recipe from my coworker, Jessica.  We had SOUPer Friday at work right before the Super Bowl, and she brought this soup - I had to track down who made it to get the recipe.  I wasn't surprised it was Jessica!

I adjusted her recipe a little bit, and I like it much more than the Crock Pot Potato Soup recipe that is also on this blog.  It takes more time and effort of course.  However, I think Derrick still prefers the crock pot one.  This soup is very cheesy with all the velveeta which makes it more filling.  I love the creamy taste and the fresh potatoes.  You'll have to try it and make your own decision...

4-5 medium potatoes
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of potato soup
1 can chicken broth
water
1/2 a block Velveeta Queso Blanco
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
Lowry's seasoned salt, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder- whatever you like- to taste

Chop ptatoes into approximately one inch chunks.  Put potatoes, cream of mushroom soup, and chicken broth into a large pot.  Add some Lowry's and onion powder.  Add enough water to completely cover potatoes by at least an inch or so.  I only just covered the potatoes, and with all the added cheese it was pretty thick.  Next time I will add more.  Allow the mixture to come to a low boil.

When a fork can slide through the potatoes easily, turn burner to a simmer.  Add velveeta and cheddar cheeses and allow to melt.  Add salt and peppar to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment