Sunday, March 4, 2012

Chicken a la Mer by Derrick!

Valentine's Day!
I have the best fiance in the world!  He had an amazing Valentine's Day planned for me.  I knew he was going to cook dinner for us, but I had no idea the extent of planning and thoughtfulness he went through to make this day the best Valentine's Day of my life!  It was just one surprise after another!

When I walked in from work the table was set with cloth napkins and candles and gorgeous red roses and a box of chocolates.  You don't know me if you don't know that I LOVE chocolate.  

He immediately poured me a glass of wine, and then joined me in the living room with a plate of appetizers!  Then he left to cook dinner while I was left with my wine, appetizers and romantic music.

It was a complete surprise what he was cooking that night.  In fact, I wasn't allowed in the kitchen.  I was amazed to find out that he had found the recipe for the delicious Chicken a la Mer we had been blown away by the previous weekend at Jazz.  How thoughtful of him!  It was DELICIOUS!  I LOVE crab and shrimp, and all the flavors with the cream sauce on top of the bed of Cajun rice make it amazing.  I sure hope he makes this again for me!!

Like I said, the surprises didn't end.  I won't share ALL his secrets :) but another surprise was dessert - he had previously made and frozen yogurt covered strawberries which were all cut to look like little hearts!  Could I be any luckier to be marrying him??


Chicken a la Mer
4 chicken breasts cut into strips
8 ounces lump crab meat
8 ounces shrimp
1 pint heavy cream
8 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic
1 tablespoon butter
4 ounces seafood stock or water
2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
1 egg
1 cup flour

Dredge the chicken in egg and then flour.  Cook in skillet and set aside.

Place butter, garlic, shrimp, and crab into a 2 quart saucepan, and saute until lightly browned.  Add seafood stock and cook until shrimp are pink.

Lower heat and add heavy cream, stirring constantly until gently boiling.  Slowly add all the Parmesan cheese.  Stir in the Cajun seasoning to taste.

Serve over Cajun rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment