Saturday, February 11, 2012

Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Tacos

I love sharing recipes with my coworker, Jessica, since she is an excellent cook.  She told me about this easy chicken taco recipe which is similar to a couple of my other crock pot taco recipes, but creamier.

2-3 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can Rotel
1 can corn
cumin
Chile powder
4 oz (half block) cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
Tortillas
cheese
salsa

Place chicken breasts in crock pot (I just put them in frozen).  Pour cream of chicken soup and Rotel on top and add spices.  This is all the recipe calls for, but since the chicken was not covered with liquid I was afraid it would dry out while it cooked all day.  So Derrick had the brilliant idea of adding a can of corn.  I am sure an extra can of cream of chicken soup, Rotel, or a can of black beans would have worked as well.  But the corn turned out really good!

Cook for 7 hours on low.  Shred chicken and return to crock pot.  Stir in cream cheese and sour cream. This is optional - I just thought it would make it creamier which it did!  Continue to cook another 30 minutes to an hour or until the cream cheese and sour cream is melted in.

Spoon on to tortillas.  Top with extra sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, and any other taco fixings you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment