Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Halloween Candy Corn Cookie Bark


I wish I had posted this back when I made it which was before Halloween – of course I am behind at blogging.  It was a crazy couple of weeks.  More like 4 weeks.  This is one of the sweetest and most delicious things I have tasted.  But I love anything coated in white chocolate.  And I love the sweet and salty combination.  I had it for a K-State football watch party right before Halloween, and it was a big hit.  However, it is pretty addicting, and very rich and I ended up getting a bad stomachache from eating too much.  You probably have much better self control than I.

14 whole Oreos broken up (Halloween Oreos are very festive)
1 ½ cups pretzels (any shape – I used the tiny twists), broken into pieces
16 oz. almond bark
1 cup candy corn
Cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper. Spread broken cookies, pretzels and about ¾ of the candy corn onto the cookie sheet in a 9x13 shape.  Microwave almond bark for 1 ½ minutes.  Stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds until melted and smooth when stirred.
Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the cookie mixture.  Spread evenly with a spatula to coat everything.  It may seem like it’s not enough but it is the right ratio, don’t worry.  Sprinkle remaining candy corn over the white chocolate while it is still wet.  Place cookie tray in refrigerator until set and firm.  Remove and gently break into small pieces.  Store in air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment