One night this week Derrick and I were contemplating what to make for dinner. I had taken shrimp out of the freezer the night before, so we were deciding between one of the three shrimp recipes we usually make. Then he got online and started searching for shrimp recipes. I was seriously doubting that he would find something that we would actually have all the ingredients for. And it was already 7pm, so I didn't want to run out to the store that night. Then he found this recipe. We have made Shrimp Pad Thai several times, but it is from a kit found in the Asian isle. I had no idea how to make the sauce from scratch. And I thought the noodles had to be those special thin rice noodles. However, Derrick found this recipe, and it was DELICIOUS. We both loved it. It was much better than the kit we have made before. And it was from scratch! No, we didn't have all the ingredients, but we adjusted and actually I threw together my own version of the sauce which was perfect. The regular linguine (or you could use spaghetti) was just fine as well. You have to try this one at home! I can't wait until we make it again!8 oz. uncooked linguine noodles
a little less than 1/4 c. unagi sauce (we had this delicious sauce from the Asian market for making sushi, but you can also use teriyaki sauce)
1/8 c. soy sauce
2 tbsp thai peanut sauce
3 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp. sriracha
1-2 tbsp hot water
2 tsp oil (it calls for dark sesame, we only had olive oil)
1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1/3 c. chopped peanuts
lime wedges, fresh cilantro, bean sprouts (optional)
Cook pasta in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
Combine unagi sauce, soy cause, peanut sauce, peanut butter, sriracha, and hot water. Stir until blended together (may need a wire whisk).
Heat oil in a large skillet (medium-high heat). Add garlic if desired. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or until almost done. Add sauce mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add pasta (optional: add bean sprouts). Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through and well combined. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges (optional).
No comments:
Post a Comment