Tuesday, December 23, 2014

French Hot Chocolate


Since I won't be drinking any alcohol this Christmas, I thought hot chocolate would be a nice treat. And everyone else added some peppermint liquor to their cup. I also have whipped cream, snowmen shapped vanilla marshmallows, and mini chocolate chips to top things off. This recipe is basically chocolate mousse mixed with hot milk. 

1 cup chocolate chips (I used a combination of semisweet and milk chocolate)
1 cup corn syrup 
1/4 cup water
2 cups whipping cream, very cold
2 quarts milk 

In a small saucepan heat chocolate chips, corn syrup, and water.  Heat while stirring until chocolate chips have melted. Remove from heat to cool. 
Beat the cream in a large mixing bowl until it forms peaks. Slowly add the chocolate sauce in a steady stream while beating (Derrick helped me with this part). Continue beating until it is thick. Refrigerate. 
To serve, heat milk until steaming. Place a few tablespoons of mouse into the bottom of a mug. Add hot milk to fill the cup.  Stir to mix. Top with whipped cream, marshmallows, and chocolate chips or shavings.
 These snowman vanilla marshmallows were delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment