Tonight we're heading over to our good friends house for NYE. I just told Derrick that at midnight we can say, "This is the year our baby will be born!" To the party I'm bringing white chocolate chex mix and since I have all the ingredients from that, I decided to make homemade chex mix as well. It just doesn't compare to store bought chex mix. You can use any combination of wheat, rice, and corn chex, pretzels, nuts, and Cheerios (or anything else you like) as long as it equals 13 cups. I usually like more nuts than I used but that's all I had. It is really good to use mixed nuts, but I only had peanuts and cashews. Below are the measurements I used this time, but I'll probably change it up next time. So feel free to adjust depending on what you like and what you have on hand. If you like spicy, you can add 6 dashes Tabasco. If you like garlic, you can add 3 cloves mashed garlic or garlic powder. You can also add onion powder. Since I've been pregnant I can't handle spice and onion and garlic make me sick, so I left all that out.
3 cups corn chex
3 cups wheat chex
2 cups pretzel sticks
3 cups Cheerios
2 cups nuts
1 stick butter
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon lowry's seasoned salt
3 dashes chili powder
Dump cereal, pretzels, and nuts into a very large bowl. In a microwave safe bowl, add remaining ingredients and microwave at 30 second intervals until melted. Stir together and toss into cereal mixture. Stir.
Transfer onto two baking sheets. I lined them with foil. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes. Cool and store in an airtight container.

No comments:
Post a Comment