Monday, June 30, 2014

Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad




I. Love. Summer.  Doesn't everyone?  How can anyone not wish that it was summer all year long??  I have been looking for some new, fresh, summer recipes.  I found this Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad on one of the healthy blogs I follow, Gina's Skinny Recipes.  It has all the flavors I love - lime, cilantro, avocado, and shrimp of course.  This recipe is also very versatile.  It can be an appetizer, lunch, or dinner.  It can be served over lettuce, on tostadas, in tortillas, or scooped up with tortilla chips.

1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, chopped
3/4 cup chopped tomato (I used cherry tomatoes, chopped)
1 avocado, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 large lime, juice of
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
salt and fresh cracked pepper

In a small bowl combine lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, and onion.  Stir and let sit about 5 minutes for the flavors to combine.

In a medium to large bowl, combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, and jalapeno.  Add cilantro and gently toss.  Add salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.

Makes 3 1/2 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment