I know I am several months late posting this, but I had to mention we have been married for ONE YEAR! It has truly been the best year of my life! I have never been happier as I am married to Derrick. We had a great anniversary. We started off the weekend Friday with a chilly tailgating party for Opening Day at the K followed by an even chillier Royals WIN!
Saturday we headed to the Plaza for one of my other favorite things - wine tasting. We stopped in Cooper's Hawk to sample their current best.
Then we walked over to The Melting Pot where we had our very own intimate, romantic room in which we had many courses of delicious fondue combined with more wine. :)

Sunday was our actual anniversary, April 6. We drank wine (we are winos rather than champagne-os) out of our toasting flutes from our wedding which are beautiful and very special as they were a gift from my wonderful mother-in-law.

Then together we cooked Chicken A La Mer which has significant meaning to us since we fell in love with its deliciousness on a date at Jazz. Then on Valentine's Day Derrick surprised me by cooking it for me from scratch. It was unbelievably delicious yet again. Cooking with my husband was the perfect end to a perfect anniversary weekend. Here's to another great year!



No comments:
Post a Comment