We often make Spanish Rice to go with many of the Mexican dishes we make, especially Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos. I have always bought the boxed kind at the grocery store, but last week when we made Bang Bang Shrimp, I didn't have any. So I looked on-line for a recipe to make it from scratch. We liked this version just as much - I will never buy the box again!
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons chopped onion, optional
1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice (not instant)
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup chunky salsa
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion if you like onion. Mix uncooked rice into skillet, stirring often. When rice begins to brown, stir in chicken broth and salsa. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
No comments:
Post a Comment