One of our favorite restaurants is Bonefish. And you cannot eat there without ordering the Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer. It is to die for. I found this lighter version of Bonefish's specialty from Ginas Skinny Recipes. It was very easy and quick to make, and Derrick liked it! The shrimp really only takes 3 minutes to cook. I could hardly believe this and probably cooked it about a minute too long. The Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and Sriracha were in the Asian section of the grocery store. Two HyVee's were out of the Sriracha, but I found some in stock at Price Chopper. Now that I have a huge bottle of it, I need to find some more recipes with Sriracha! Send them my way if you have any! I served the shrimp over a bed of chopped romaine (iceberg or cabbage would work fine) with yellow rice. Wild rice or a veggie would also go very well. This shrimp would also be a good filling in soft tacos like the Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos at Bonefish.
5 tbsp light mayo
3 tbsp thai sweet chili sauce
1 tsp sriracha (to taste) - add more to make it spicier
1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp olive oil
lettuce or cabbage, chopped
4 tbsp chopped scallions, optional
In a medium bowl combine mayo, thai sweet chili sauce, and sriracha. Set aside. Divide lettuce between 2 -4 plates (however many you are serving - I think this recipe serves 2-3 people pretty well).
Coat shrimp with cornstarch and mix well with your hands.
Heat a large skilled or wok on high heat. Add oil. When oil is hot add the shrimp and cook tossing a few times until pink, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and combine with the sauce. Coat well.
Place shrimp on lettuce and top with scallions.
No comments:
Post a Comment