Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tuscan Pasta with Tomato-Basil Cream


Congratulations on 30 years, Mom and Dad!

For our parents 30th anniversary, we decided to have a dinner party for them.  I made this pasta, Michelle made delicious chocolate chip cheesecakes and brought wine, and Marcie made a delicious salad.

I found this recipe on Pinterest.  I doubled it for our large group.  It was delicious and easy!  The fresh basil really makes it.  It was a big hit for the party.
1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated four-cheese ravioli
1 (16 ounce) jar sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce
2 tablespoons white wine
2 medium-size tomatoes, chopped or 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Garnish: fresh basil strips

Prepare pasta according to package directions.

Pour Alfredo sauce into a medium saucepan.  Pour wine into sauce jar.  Cover tightly and shake well.  Stir wine mixture into saucepan.  Stir in tomatoes and basil.  Cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.  Toss with pasta, and top evenly with 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese.  Garnish with basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment