Friday, December 23, 2011

Cheesy Chicken Corn Soup

Recipe from my coworker, another ESOL teacher, Jill Bartram.  I tweaked it just a bit.  Make sure you stir often to avoid sticking which happened to me!  This is a very good, creamy, flilling winter soup!

3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup - next time I think I will use 2
1 (14 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
1 (16 ounce) package frozen whole-kernel corn
1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 cans Rotell
8 ounces Velveeta - I used white Velveeta because we LOVE it!
Pepper, garlic powder

Stir together soup and broth in a large pot until blended.  Add corn, chicken, rotell, cheese, and spices.  Bring to a boil over medium heat.  Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until smooth and thoroughly heated.  Stir often!  Makes a lot - 10 servings.  We served with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment