Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

Sara brought these to the lake last summer, and they were the best cookies I'd ever had!!  I made them Saturday for Reilly's birthday tailgate at the Royal's game.  They were a big hit!

1/2 c. white sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
dash salt
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup peanut butter
1 c. oatmeal
1 (12 oz) package chocolate chips
1 c. nuts, optional (I left out)

Cream sugars, salt, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and peanut butter.  Add oatmeal and chocolate chips.  Mix well.  Drop on cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned 9 minutes.  If too dry add a few drops of milk.  Mine were not too dry.

In the convection oven (which I am still getting used to - first tray was too light, second tray a little too brown, third tray... jackpot!) they took 7 1/2 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. These cookies were awesome. My mom (Becky Keith) just made them last night and they are already almost gone. I was skeptical with there not being any butter but good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alex! Your mom is an awesome cook! I am about to add one of her recipes!

    ReplyDelete