Oops.
Don’t turn your crock-pot on high and leave it like that for 10 hours. Bad things happen.
Turns out it was still edible, though! I am in love with crock-pot cooking. We get everything ready the night before and stick it in the fridge. In the morning, turn it on LOW, and when you get home from work you have a nice meal. And the meat always turns out extremely tender and delicious. When I shredded the chicken for this, it was falling apart as I was removing it from the crock-pot. After shredding the chicken, Derrick suggested we remove all the unburned yumminess into a separate bowl. I think the burnt parts were kind of grossing him out – I don’t blame him. The chicken was completely unharmed (in fact it was perfect). It was the beans and tomatoes around the edge of the crock-pot that got a little toasty. We used this as a stuffing for tortillas (along with salsa and cheese – we were missing sour cream). However, I think it would be good to top chips and add some queso for delicious chicken nachos. We may try that next time.
The recipe (adapted from SparkRecipes.com):
2-3 chicken breasts
1 can diced tomatoes (or rotel), do not drain
1 can black beans
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can black olives
1 can chopped green chilies
1 can corn (optional)
Put chicken in the bottom of the crock-pot. Add the other ingredients. Do not stir. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Return to crock-pot and stir. Serve with tortilla chips or on a flour tortilla. Optional toppings: shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, queso, guac, lettuce
No comments:
Post a Comment