Saturday, March 14, 2015

Faux Lasagne



Another recipe from my favorite food blogger, The Girl Who Ate Everything. What drew me to this recipe the most was that she said it is very freezer friendly. I'm trying to stock up on freezer meals for post-baby life! So I made this in two pans. One for now and one to freeze. I was wondering how the egg noodles would taste in this lasagne, but I thought they were delicious!

16-oz. package wide egg noodles
1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons sliced green onions (I left this out)
1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
Parmesan cheese for topping

Boil noodles in salted water for only 5 minutes. Drain.

Spread half the noodles in a lightly greased 2 quart casserole. A 9x13 is 3 quarts, but I think I could make it fill a 9x13 next time since I used two 8x8s.

Combine cream cheese, cottage cheese, plain yogurt, and green onions in a medium bowl. Spoon mixture on top of noodles. Spread remaining noodles on top. 

Brown beef and drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and salt and pepper to taste. I always add some fresh or dried basil to spaghetti sauce. Spread over noodles.

At this point you can cover with aluminum and freeze to bake at a later time. Or bake immediately covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover. Sprinkle with cheeses and bake 5-10 more minutes until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment