Sunday, February 16, 2014

Goat Cheese Pasta


There is a new healthy, natural grocery store near us called Sprouts.  To me it is similar to Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.  My mom and I went the second weekend it was open.  Before we went I checked out the website and found a whole lot of fresh, healthy recipes.  I got the ingredients for this Goat Cheese Presto (that's what they call it) that day at Sprouts and made it for Derrick that night.  I love goat cheese which is the main flavor in this delicious, easy pasta.  I'm going to make it again this week.  I actually did not use the brown rice pasta.  Barilla makes pasta that is much higher than white pasta in protein, fiber, and Omega 3s, but still tastes very much like white pasta.  I feel like it is a good compromise.

12 ounce brown rice pasta (spiral or bow tie)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or you can use less dried basil)
4 ounces fresh soft goat cheese, room temperature

Cook pasta according to package directions.  In a small skillet, heat oil. At this point you can add garlic if you like garlic.  Add tomatoes and basil.  Cook on medium heat until tomatoes begin to pop.

Drain pasta.  Transfer back to the pot or to a warm serving bowl.  Immediately add goat cheese and stir until creamy.  Add tomato mixture.  Add salt and pepper.  Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment