Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Poke Cake



Happy Thanksgiving!

I had a difficult time thinking of a dessert to bring to Thanksgiving dinner at my wonderful in-laws!  I searched pinterest and found a Pumpkin Poke Cake.  It is the same as this Poke Cake except with a yellow cake mix/pumpkin cake in a 9x9 pan (the pumpkin is a substitute for the eggs, oil, and water on the cake mix box).  Then I decided that everyone would enjoy the regular chocolate version more.  Although the pumpkin one would have been very festive.  Maybe I will make it for Christmas...

1 chocolate cake mix plus ingredients on box
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar (8 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
1 container (8 ounces) cool whip
Crushed heath bars (I used 2 king sized)

Bake cake mix according to package directions in a 9x13 pan.  While still hot, poke holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon.  Drizzle sweetened condensed milk and caramel over cake.
Refrigerate for at least an hour until cool.  Top with cool whip and sprinkle with crushed heath bars.  Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment