Sunday, September 16, 2012

So Long's Rasperry Chipotle Black Bean Dip


If you are a K-Stater you have had this dip at So Long Saloon in Manhattan, Kansas.  It is one of the foods you have to get in Aggieville when you visit this town.  The other things I can't live without when I am there are Rock-a-belly Deli sandwhiches and Coco Bolos - YUM!  I also love Pita Pit which is a chain but you sure can't get it in Kansas City.  Katy and I definitely snacked on that at 2AM last weekend.

I have several friends who make this dip and I finally got the recipe from Sara.  She brought it to the lake Labor Day weekend and it was GONE before dinner started.  It is that delicious.  I am making it this weekend for our football watch party as the Cats take on North Texas. 
8 ounces cream cheese (Do not use the reduced fat variety or it will be watery)
1 can (14.5 ounces) black beans, drained - I rinse them, too
Raspberry jalepeno Fiesta jelly (usually found in Mexican isle)
Chopped purple onion (optional)
Monterey Jack cheese
Tortilla chips for serving

Smear cream cheese in the bottom of pan (works best in a smaller than a 9x13 but larger than an 8x8 - not sure of the exact measurements).  Pour beans on top.  Pour half the jar of jelly on top of beans.  Sprinkle on chopped purple onion (optional).  Top with Monterey Jack cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.  Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment