Thursday, April 19, 2012

Baked Crab Rangoon

Mmmmmmmm.  Crab Rangoon.  Derrick and I love it.  We have several Chinese recipes that we make at home including Sweet and Sour chicken and General Tso's chicken, and I always think that this sure would be good with some crab Rangoon!  I am not a big fan of frying things so when I found this baked crab Rangoon recipe on Pinterest, I definitely wanted to try it!

They turned out good and I probably ate about six of them.  And they really did go well with the General Tso's chicken we had that night, but they definitely were not the fried, restaurant quality-type.  But sometimes that is what you get when you make things healthier...
They actually seemed to taste better when Derrick made them in the nice flower shape.  My plain folded over ones weren't quite as good.
It says you really have to push all the air out before you seal them so that they don't explode in the oven.  I did this but as you can see from the pictures, it didn't help.  They still leaked.  Sigh.  Oh well.
Ingredients
2 tablespoons low fat sour cream
8 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1 green onion, sliced thin
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup white crab meat, drained
wonton wrappers
Sweet and Sour Sauce for dipping
Combine sour cream, cream cheese, green onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sugar in a bowl.  Fold in crab.  Lay out 4 wonton wrappers at a time and place about 1 tablespoon filling into the center.  Wet two sides and fold the wonton wrapper over.  Press down to seal tightly, making sure to press around the filling first to remove any air pockets.  Preheat oven to 415 degrees.  Place crab rangoon on a foil-lined, non-stick sprayed baking sheet and spray the tops with more non-stick spray.  Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. 
Serve with sweet and sour sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment